Have you noticed any of the following issues with your car, truck or SUV? If so, it might be time to take your vehicle in to Colony Tire in Wilson for transmission service…
- Burning smell coming from your air vents
- Strange noise when transmission is in neutral
- Car slips out of gear
- Hesitation while shifting
- Leaking transmission fluid
- “Check Engine” light comes on
- Unsteady shifting or shimmying in the ride of your vehicle (automatic only)
- Grinding and crunching sounds (manual only)
- Car refuses to go into gear, even after the clutch is depressed and the stick shift is moved (manual only)
- Dragging clutch, which means the clutch will not fully disengage when you change gears (manual only)
Not only can major transmission problems be expensive to fix — they can also have a serious impact on the efficiency and performance of your car. For this reason, routine maintenance from the Wilson, NC auto repair team at Colony Tire is the best way to prevent costly transmission repairs or replacements.
Service for Automatic & Manual Transmissions in Eastern North Carolina
Manual Transmission Service
Stick shift drivers know how important it is to keep their transmission in excellent working condition. If well taken care of, a clutch can last up to 100,000 miles.
Whether you need filter replacements, fluid replacement, clutch checks, clutch adjustments, clutch replacements or other manual transmission services in Wilson or surrounding areas in Eastern NC, you can count on the experienced mechanics at Colony Tire.
Automatic Transmission Service
At Colony Tire, our transmission repair specialists have experience with all types of automatic transmission services, including refills, reseals, rebuilds and replacements.
In addition to Wilson, Colony Tire delivers auto transmission service for vehicle owners in Fayetteville, New Bern, Elizabeth City, Ahoskie, Edenton, Plymouth, Williamston and Greenville, NC, as well as in Richmond, Norfolk, Newport News and Suffolk, VA. Call us today at 252-237-1143 or fill out the form to the right to schedule your appointment!