Did you know transmission issues are among the most expensive car repairs to fix?
If your car shows any signs of a transmission problem, it’s a good idea to take it in to an experienced Fayetteville, NC auto mechanic as soon as possible — like those at Colony Tire.
Signs of a Transmission Problem
Below are just a few of the symptoms of a transmission problem that may signal it’s time to schedule a visit with Colony Tire in Fayetteville:
- Burning smell coming from your air vents
- Strange noise when transmission is in neutral
- Car slips out of gear
- Hesitation while shifting
- Leaking transmission fluid
- “Check Engine” light comes on
- Unsteady shifting or shimmying in the ride of your vehicle
- Grinding and crunching sounds
- Car refuses to go into gear, even after the clutch is depressed and the stick shift is moved
- Dragging clutch, which means the clutch will not fully disengage when you change gears
Automatic & Manual Transmission Service in Fayetteville & Eastern NC
Drive stick shift? Your manual transmission should last anywhere between 50,000 to 100,000 miles, if properly maintained. At Colony Tire, we offer Fayetteville, NC filter replacements, fluid replacements, clutch checks, clutch adjustments and other manual transmission services to keep your car in excellent working condition for years to come.
If you drive an automatic car, truck or SUV, you can count on our Fayetteville auto repair team for refills, reseals, rebuilds and replacements.
In addition to Fayetteville, Colony Tire serves vehicle owners in Greenville, New Bern, Elizabeth City, Ahoskie, Edenton, Plymouth, Williamston and Wilson, NC, as well as in Richmond, Norfolk, Newport News and Suffolk, VA. Contact us today at 910-483-8660 or fill out the form to the right to schedule your appointment for auto transmission service!